Thursday, April 07, 2005

It's 11:15 do you know where your neighbour is?

Someone just wrote in to say another kitten has been abandoned and they need to see if someone can take it in. It was apparently dumped in a box in a field, but the woman has left the place as she had to go to work, and I hope the kitten is still there. I am trying to find out more.

I just received an email from someone saying that their neighbour has been feeding strays but does not sterilise. By now, I think my views on sterilisation are pretty clear :) and one of the volunteers and I would be happy to mediate. However I am constantly surprised how many people do not just speak to their neighbours directly. I'm not sure that this is the situation in this particular case, but in many of the cases I deal with, the problem could have been easily solved if neighbours had just spoken directly to each other.

Singaporeans are exhorted to be neighbourly, but I have to say I don't really see that happening. I often hear people say that they don't want to cause trouble with their neighbours as a reason for not wanting to approach them directly, but I find the exact opposite - most people are upset that their neighbours called in a third party instead of speaking to them directly. So in the spirit of neighbourliness, say hello to your neighbour today - keeping good relations with your neighbour is important for a generally pleasant living environment and especially if you have cats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home