Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Cat stuck in abandoned flat

I hate these cases - besides the obvious fact that the cat is stuck in the flat/shop/house without any way of getting food sometimes, it's the sheer frustration that no one wants to help the cat! The caregivers in this case told me that they have tried to call the police and the fire brigade, but were told by the former that they need a formal letter, send by POST before they will do anything. The latter said that they only help when human lives are in danger. Now I know this may not be their official policy, and that this may be just the people in charge who are making the call, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

I'm trying to call the HDB to get them to open the flat, which they can surely do as they are the landlords. I certainly hope they will consider helping! The last time we had a cat stuck in an abandoned shophouse, everyone was so reluctant to help I ended up doing a property search on my own to find out who owned the place - only to find out the person was abroad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous siew kah said...

how did these cats get stuck in abandoned property?

24/5/05 1:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Depends - in this case, they suspect that the person who used to occupy the flat may have taken the cat in as all the doors and windows are closed. In one earlier case I went to, the cat fell through a roof. In a third case, the owner went to jail and left the cats inside.

24/5/05 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home