Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Service Industry - don't make me laugh

With all the recent emphasis on being a more service oriented society, I have to say we have a loooooooong way to go. Take the charming property officer I spoke with this morning.

One of the caregivers called me because he had appeared and said he would trap and send any cats to the AVA if he found them in the staircase, because they were defecating in the staircases. The volunteer tried to speak with him, but he ignored her, so she called me in desperation.

I told him we had spoken with the town council and had asked for an opportunity to mediate first, which the town council had agreed on. Furthermore, these cats were going upstairs - he said that he thought all the cats were home cats whose owners were out in the day, but he wanted the caregivers to stop feeding the community cats downstairs! So if I follow his logic, and the owners are out, and the caregivers are feeding downstairs, doesn't that bring the cats DOWNSTAIRS? Isn't that a good thing? I also tried to explain the cats were being sterilised which he didn't care about.

At any rate, he said that he missed a phone call because of me, and was very curt. I tried to explain that killing the wrong cats wasn't working and was just causing more problems, and he denied killing them - he just sent them to AVA. I told him that the cats there are killed, and when he tried to tell me he didn't know, I told him he did now. I told him to call AVA if he didn't believe me. I am horrified how officers keep saying that they 'don't know what AVA does with the cats'. If normal laypeople know, how can town council officers not know? What sort of information are they giving out to people who call?

He said he was going to cut the phone call short and would talk to the volunteers. I informed him I would be contacting the town council. He hung up and walked off without speaking to the volunteers again.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Imp said...

self-important pompous ass. he has such a minute world view that nothing else matters in his life. ignore his rudeness dawn. he's not worth anyone's time. just deal with facts, facts, facts and shove them down his throat.

31/8/05 11:59 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I wrote to the Deputy General Manager and he wrote back to say he'll look into it. 5 points for the DGM!

31/8/05 12:20 PM  
Anonymous cheery~meow said...

Yes, we are indeed BILLIONS Miles AWAY from being a Courteous, Kind & Gracious society!

31/8/05 3:51 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Oh dear - I hope not BILLIONS!

31/8/05 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home