Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pretty bizarre

I went from the warehouse to meet Jolanda and one of the caregivers. The caregiver said she had someone who sponsored a lot of her sterilisations, and he wanted to meet us. I asked what we were to discuss, but she said she didn't know, he wanted to meet us but wouldn't say why. The man runs a hair dressing salon.

We went down and the man praised the caregivers - apparently, he donates money to them to get the cats sterilised, which is really nice. He then said he wondered if the caregivers could be given police powers to enter peoples' homes if they suspected abuse or abandonment, but I told him it was unlikely.

Then - and this is the bizarre part - he said that he wanted to give Jolanda and myself a free hair wash and blow dry. We both said we had to go, but he was quite insistent. It was very nice of him, but rather strange (though in a nice way). I'm also one of those people who doesn't particularly like going to the hairdressers, so I was kind of wishing they'd hurry up and I could get home to work! :)

Definitely one of the more unusual experiences I've had. That was it actually - he just wanted to meet us to give us a free hair wash I think!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Existentialist Cat said...

Maybe the day will come that local animal welfare groups be given special police powers; like the ASPCA officers in New York.

27/10/05 9:47 PM  
Blogger The Imp said...

perks of the job!

28/10/05 10:28 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hahha :)

28/10/05 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home