Thursday, January 26, 2006

Family problems

I received a call from a mother who calls me every time she has cat problems with her daughter. Her daughter and her fight over the cats all the time. Instead of speaking with her daughter though, she calls me to complain. Her daughter on the other hand is equally stubborn.

Things came to a head the last time when the mother took the daughter's cat and dumped it. I guessed she had dumped it and pried the information out of her but she made me promise not to tell her daughter. At the time, the family was facing a lot of other problems, so I did not tell the daughter, but went down with some volunteers and combed the area. We also alerted the caregivers there and the mother also went down. The cat was never found.

After not hearing from either of them for a long time, the mother called today. She said the second cat at home (which she had said was a really good cat the last time) was not giving problems with inappropriate elimination and she wanted me to talk to her daughter again. She said she was considering getting rid of the cat again. I told her that it was illegal again and told her that this time I will report her if she dumps it again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

What happen if she dumps it without telling you this time. Poor cat, innocent party. i know how hard it's because i have walked that route before.

26/1/06 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish the mum didn't dump the first cat - her daughter must be heartbroken. To be real honest, I would never forgive my mum if she does the same to me.

Queenie

26/1/06 11:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Mary, there's no way I can prevent it unfortunately if she DOES dump. I just hope she doesn;t.

Queenie, yes but the daughter doesn't know it was dumped.

27/1/06 1:20 AM  
Blogger kuro.shiro.neko said...

it's really sad that the cats' safety are compromised because of human selfishness.

i'd rather see them tear each other's hair out than to see a poor innocent cat get harmed.

27/1/06 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the daughtor doing her part to be a responsible pet owner?
Does she keep the house clean, clear the litter boxes, etc?
Does she clip the nails, prevent the cats from scratching the furnitures, etc?

maybe it's not all the mother's fault.

27/1/06 10:57 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous, I never said it was all the mother's fault. If you read the post, I mentioned that the daughter is very stubborn as well.

Whatever it is, I don't think that dumping is a solution. As I told the mother, the daughter will just go pick up another cat, and she agreed with me.

27/1/06 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home