Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bring your cat to the vet

Just came back from dropping some newsletters by a vet. If you see that your cat is not eating, looks under the weather or is listless, please bring it to the vet. This is whether it is your pet cat or a community cat. Someone wrote into say that their cat went off food a few days ago and today it died. It is important to get proper medical care.

People often write in and say that their animal is sick and they try and describe their symptoms over email. As much as I'd like to help, I'm not a vet. Furthermore, it is very difficult to diagnose without seeing a cat. It's best in this case to be safe rather than sorry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I brought a stray cat to the vet for vaccination, the vet told me he has a fever.

I was quite shocked. If the vet don't tell me, how would I know.
See.... only the vet knows best.

Don't save that few dollars and regret later when the cat died..

24/5/06 12:05 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous, good point.

24/5/06 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home