Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I don't want to listen

Back to work two days and already I've spoken to one of my favourite kinds of people - one of the "I don't really want to hear what you're saying" garden variety.

One of the caregivers called me up and said that she had sterilised all the cats at this condominium. She said there had been complaints and she asked the manager if he would be willing to talk to me to solve the problems. He said he was.

Unfortunately, he was willing to talk to me, but he wasn't willing to settle for any other answer than that the cats all be removed. He said that he did not care if new cats came in, he was not interested in a long term solution - he just wanted to handle the problem down. He would be very happy if the caregiver just took all the cats away, and he has already handed her four, though of course he didn't want them killed. He just didn't want them returned. He ended the conversation by saying he didn't want to listen to me anymore and hung up - all this within a 5 minute conversation.

2 Comments:

Blogger vegancat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

16/5/06 8:35 PM  
Blogger vegancat said...

Same mentality as some TC - more weightage to residents who want cats removed than resident/s who want cats to stay and who is doing something more than just "oral" about it. Yet the mannager, whom I believed is dependent on both parties for his livelihood, choose to be biased? Won't that constitute discrimination?

16/5/06 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home