Monday, June 05, 2006

Frightened

I spoke to the town council officer about the frightened woman. It seems that someone has been feeding the cats and may be feeding them upstairs - at any rate the cats have been going up to the fifth floor. The officer said she was monitoring the situation and would contact us if there was a problem, but there was no issue for now.

I called the woman to let her know. She said that the town council was more willing to listen to the Society then someone like her that had no power. I told her on the contrary, I always find that residents calling up is always more effective. In fact, when I called today, the first thing the operator asked was if I was a resident. I told her I was representing a resident before she transferred me. Also, the town council is always happier to have someone in the area who is able to handle the complaints and who is a resident there. That way if another resident complains, they can also say that there are residents who DO want the cats in the area. She agreed this made sense. I hope she won't be so frightened of the town council in the future and stop caring for the cats as a result.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dawn, hope you don't mind me pointing out that you seem to get "then" and "than" mix up.... "Than" is for comparison, like, "shorter than" or "more willing to listen to you than to me". Whereas, "Then" is used for chronoligical relating, e.g. "we'll eat starters, then the main course", or "we'll have to talk to her, then she'll understand better..."

5/6/06 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... i mean chronological...

5/6/06 7:17 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks Anonymous. Actually I think it's that I tend to type too fast and not edit! :) Will be more mindful.

5/6/06 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home