Wednesday, June 14, 2006


Someone who works for one of the government departments called up this morning and was upset that one of the cats he feeds was trapped by the town council. He wanted the Society to call the town council or AVA to release the cat to him. I explained that because the cat was his, and he was a resident he had to call because they would want to speak to him, not some welfare group that has no connection to this estate or cat at all.

He got rather upset and said that it was so complicated and that none of the welfare groups could help him. I do understand he was upset but as I explained to him, we don't even know his cat. It turned out he didn't either - he saw a cat being caught, but he wasn't sure if it was his. I asked if his cat had returned, and he said that it was not the point as he would take the cat back anyway.

The cat was not sterilised, and there were complaints - it's not a big surprise to me at all that it was caught. What I AM constantly surprised at is that people look after cats, feed them, see the population grow, hear the cauterwauling at night and the fights, see the kittens being born and NOT think this will become a problem.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask not what the "country" can do for you but what you can do for the "country".
Some people have unrealistic expectations of cws but do not bother even to fill up a membership form.

14/6/06 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The complainant must call AVA, SPCA or the TC to check on the outcome of his cat. He must provide a description of his cat, the place where the cat was trapped, the date and time of the incident; otherwise the respective authorities will not entertain him. Without any details, it's very difficult to check.

In the process of checking and should he encounter any problem, perhaps he could reach CWS for help but he must make an effort to contact the authorities first and redeem his cat asap.

This complainant is a bit confused.

15/6/06 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home