Thursday, July 13, 2006

Town council calling for a meeting

One of the town council officers just called. He wanted to know if I could come down and give a briefing to his other officers. Another officer I worked with had recommended us and this officer said that they felt trapping and killing was not the solution. He wanted to know if he could work with us.

He suggested meeting next week and I said I would be happy to. He will be getting his other officers to attend because he said that way everyone will be on the same page. I've never been thanked so many times or called Ma'm so many times in a conversation with a TC officer!

You know what the sad irony of the situation is? There aren't any volunteers I can think of in this area. He told me there are a lot of feeders around though, so I'll meet up and just hope for the best!

5 Comments:

Blogger vegancat said...

If only TC could publicly announce their support of TnRM and ask for residents to step forward as part of community volunteerism.

14/7/06 1:53 PM  
Blogger auntie p said...

I would like to know which TC this is. Exemplary! Then perhaps folks in other TCs can tell their TC officers (if necessary) that "your colleagues in this other TC is doing this, this, this, you know..."

14/7/06 3:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Unfortunately even the town councils that ARE supportive don't want to be seen to be too publicly supporting TNRM so I don't want to get them into trouble either.

14/7/06 3:49 PM  
Blogger Salt * Wet * Fish said...

Do you know the reason for this? As in, why are the "ashamed" to be supportive of TNRM?

16/7/06 9:37 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Salt Wet Fish, I think they're worried that if it shouldn't work out for some reason they may get blamed for it, so best not to openly deviate from the 'usual' way of doing things.

16/7/06 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home