Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bird Feeder


Bird Feeder
Originally uploaded by dawnkua.

I saw this unusual bird feeder as I was making my rounds today.

I walked around the 10 or 15 blocks in the area to assess the situation, and bumped into some feeders. One told me there were a LOT of feeders, but strangely I only saw something like 6 cats around. I wondered aloud if some of them might be home cats, and the woman mentioned that she thought some of them were, as she had seen cats walking up and down the staircase of one of the blocks.

Also in the Lees block, there is one family that definitely has cats, another which I suspect has cats, and a third which claimed they didn't feed any but did seem quite interested in the information. I was also almost certain I could hear kittens meowing in the flat. Mrs Lee mentioned that there were cats sometimes in the corridors and food as well, but she thinks the town council may have spoken with the neighbours as there was none out today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely bird. Surely soon someone would use scare tactics like "bird flu" or complain that the bird sings/coos. Thank you for the pic of the bird - what a rare find.

24/8/06 11:23 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Sadly I thought that too. I thought it was such a lovely touch in the neighbourhood. The bird wasn't frightened of me either but sat there and looked at me.

25/8/06 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home