Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cats cannot be made to stay indoors?

HDB officers I noticed still trot out this reason from time to time - like the email this afternoon.

Now if you leave the door open, anything can run out - a dog, a rabbit, or even a toddler. No one blames a toddler for example, nor should they. It is not the child's fault - nor is it the cat's. If a child runs out or causes a nuisance, people will look to the parents, not the child - so why is it when a cat runs out, people say that cats are the ones to blame? It boggles my mind.

Off to drop off Spay day posters at the vets.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wei said...

yes i agree with u... when notti kids come to my place or dirty my corridor, the parents will say they are JUST KIDS, cannot blame them... then cats le!!! mus b their fault! or wat about dogs,.. people are just bias!

12/9/06 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a very stupid analogy. The other day, my neighbour's dog, slightly bigger than my 2 year old cat, escaped from its home. They had put up a DIY screen about one foot high. The dog must have leapt over and was roaming. It went up to strangers, wagging, salivating and barked excitedly. I just came back and seeing what happened at the walkway, called it by name and it ran to me. I led it home. The family did not know it had got out. some passers by were not amused. Lucky for me they did not start to abuse me thinking the dog mine.

12/9/06 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singapore is not a pet friendly or particularly tolerant country by any means. So it behoves pet owners to be very careful that their pets do not cause annoyance to the many singaporeans who wld really rather live in a completely sterile, controlled, purified, airconditioned, pet free, bird free, grassless, treeless, sunless, rainless environment.

12/9/06 4:16 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous - that sounds like what happened to me the other day. I rang the doorbell to tell the owner that their dog was out, and she asked me how her dog could have gotten out since she fenced her gate?

12/9/06 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home