Monday, October 16, 2006

Cat abuse cases

Slept in a bit this morning as I think I've come down with the flu. I have a town council presentation to make this afternoon - was hoping to postpone so I'm not sneezing all over everyone, but think it'll be a bit difficult because 15 or 20 officers are attending.

I spoke to someone about a case of cat abuse yesterday in their colony. The volunteer told me that the other people who had found the body had taken the body away and buried it, though she was able to take photos. I think it's interesting to note that most peoples' immediate (understandable) reaction is to take the cat's body away and get it buried. However, when you think about it, if you came upon a person who was murdered, the first thing you would do is not touch anything and to call the police. The same thing applies here - now it's not exactly the same, granted, because for example, the police aren't going to dust for fingerprints. Some officers may also take some time to come to the scene, or not know what to do when they get there.

However this is where all those years of watching crime tv shows comes in! Take photos, don't move anything till you have documented what you can, and then send the body for a post mortem. Photos can and do prove very valuable.

6 Comments:

Anonymous blissful-feline said...

Take care, Dawn. :)

16/10/06 11:31 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks! :)

16/10/06 11:33 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Do take care Dawn, it's very tiring to be unwell. Try to take things easy for the next few days and have plenty of rest.

16/10/06 11:46 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks everyone - just trying to arrange my schedule so I don't miss out on all the things I'm supposed to do. there's the movie premiere tonight too, but I don't think the other people watching the movie are going to be very pleased with me sneezing throughout :)

16/10/06 11:47 AM  
Blogger Wei said...

hey dawn, dun overwork yrself since u r sick... u mus take care, the cats needs u!! get well soon yea

16/10/06 12:02 PM  
Blogger calsifer said...

Sounds like you need some honey and lemon =)

Take care.

Am still waiting for a response from that person I emailed. So plenty of time for you to get well before we yell SOS ;-)

16/10/06 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home