Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Update on the girl on radio

Just managed to reach the VP of the school this girl is in as the Principal was in a meeting. They said they have counselled the girl yesterday. According to one of the VPs whom I spoke with, she said that she had meant to finish off her story by explaining how this was about the folly of childhood and how people should mature since then. I told the VP that I did notice however that the girl was a bit rambling in her speech - though the VP did put it down to being on live radio which is possible. I felt (and of course I'm not a psychologist) that everyone rambles on sometimes, but that this girl seemed to make strange leaps from thought to thought.

She also said that the girl did also want some attention. She mentioned that she will be seeing the school counsellor.

I asked if the welfare groups could help in any way and if we can help with the counselling. She said that she thought the school could handle it and they wanted to instill a sense of responsibility and consequences in the girl.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derailment of thoughts? That's a symptom of psychosis.

18/10/06 10:34 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous - I have to say that was just my impression. I could well be wrong. What did others think who may have heard the programme?

18/10/06 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home