Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Whiners

This woman is still complaining. She SMSed yesterday to say that the cats are still coming up. The TC had said they would send pest control down last week.

I checked with the officer and he said all the cats downstairs are sterilised. The cat that she complains about is not - and it's also not a community cat evidently. Someone in the block I spoke with said it was her friend's cat (I suspect it may actually be hers).

So this woman is still complaining. She wanted to know why the cat she complained about is not removed. I told her that as far as I know, TCs generally don't run around the block catching particular cats - they usually send in pest control and will remove any unsuspecting cats sitting downstairs. I told her that I had already explained this to her previously that her insisting on the removal of the cats would not solve the problem.

The woman kept insisting the cat is always outside her aunt's flat and should be easy to spot and remove. I told her that in fact when I went down, the cat was not there. She complained that the TC cannot possibly just go down one time and be done with it. I told her that every time she complains and they have to deploy pest control, people are paying for it too. You may remember in my earlier post that she had previously wanted the TC and ourselves to go down periodically and drop notices to her neighbours. When I asked her why she couldn't walk the 50 m over to her neighbours' place and speak to them, she said she didn't always see them, because she doesn't actually live there!

I just spoke with her as well and she said that it is all just a 'show' and she doubts the TC went down at all or that they did not go floor by floor.

Some people seem to have this annoying habit that they must be served on hand and foot. I understand she has a problem, but the TC isn't going to be bothered to comb the block floor by floor to find the cat she is complaining about. Plus if she is so annoyed about the feeding, would it kill her to just speak with her neighbours?

She said that nothing has been done by the TC - but she has done absolutely nothing either, except to complain and complain again.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

She doesn't actually live there so why is she so sure that nothing has been done or that the cat(s) is still going up? People like her should not be entertained.

31/10/06 11:48 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

that's what I just wrote to the officer.

31/10/06 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't understand. If the cat isn't really bothering anyone, apart for the fact that it sits at the door of her aunt's flat occasionally, what is the problem?

I know some people have an irrational fear of cats. I know a few people who are like that. But at least they do not complain about the cats they encounter. They leave the cats be and they go about their own business. It's not a big deal to walk a bigger circle around the cat if you are really that terrified.

Marilyn

31/10/06 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

without risking sounding rude, but i have done so many a time: the only way to get through such whiners' thick skull (as they have no brain to begin with) is to tell them exactly they are a time-wasting and space-wasting amoeba.

you just can't reason with such people when they themselves choose not to listen. we cannot simply "save face" by not telling them exactly what they are. and i notice it's only in singapore that such people are given some sort of attention when in the west, they are simply ignored. or exactly told they are amoeba.

31/10/06 1:53 PM  
Anonymous HW said...

Wow... to think we have seen them all!!??

Dawn, I hope you can resolve this very soon or else innocent bystanding cats may suffer in the hands of the pest controllers!!

I really don't know how to deal with this kind of "out of the world" ridiculous person...

But something tells me that sometimes this kind of person who makes the loudest noise, a bit of "intimidation" or show of authority, to "scare" her, would make her shut up. The other way is ask or make her "go public" of her complains, like go TC and write as many reports, forms whatsoever, maybe that will tire her out, or just simply because of the tons of layers of inconvenience.

Cheers

31/10/06 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she cannot see reason, I hope the officers in charge can.

31/10/06 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think residents should complaint to TC about the wastage of fund and have this woman removed!

31/10/06 5:01 PM  
Anonymous Furry said...

These "out of the world" people should be recommended to read this blog so that they know what are other people comments about there. Probably they really do not know their own weird conduct.

31/10/06 5:20 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Marilyn - I have no idea either. I don't like cockroaches either - usually I just walk a big circle around them. I don't holler that the cockroach is 'following me' or that it's about to 'pounce on me'.

Anonymous - I agree. I hope that the TC officer sees it that way. I wrote a long email to the officer on why I think they should ignore the complaint.

HW - the good thing is that the community cats were sterilised, so they didn't catch any. This time.

31/10/06 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Roy said...

Where is this location btw?

31/10/06 5:56 PM  
Anonymous HW said...

No use asking them to read this blog... You know I know it will go no where... "A leopard cannot change its spots" How true, the woman will still be like that the day "she closes her eyes for good" (sorry for being so mean) but really!

Unless you yourself make a very hard and conscious effort to improve, be your better self, she will do what she did yesterday, today and will do again tomorrow...

I would salute to Dawn and her team for being patient to deal with this kind of people everyday, for the sake of the cats...

Remember the other day I think someone posted to ST Forum about there are no civil Singaporean left, or the other way round, and got flak... or did he?

Anyway, here we have just but one very good example. And I will not hesistate to help spread this story to people I know, and tell them about this woman's "ugliness", who knows, maybe the story would spread to someone she knows?? Then all the better, cheers

1/11/06 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home