Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Complaining about another neighbourhood

I spoke with this complainant again to let her know a volunteer had gone down this afternoon and could not find food upstairs. She said she would let me know if she had more details. I also told her that the neighbourhood nearby that she said had a lot of cats has actually had four cats die since the rainy season started according to the caregiver.

The thing though I find strange (and I did ask her if she even lived in this neighbourhood and exactly what the problem was) - why complain about another area that you don't even live in? I brought this up to more than one TC and have been told that as long as it is a resident living within their area, complaining about another area within the TC, their complaint will be entertained.

I don't understand this. If all the residents in the area have no problems with their surroundings, why should someone else have a problem with it? Say someone comes into my house and my house is dirty. It's my house. Why should someone else have a say in how my house is run?

3 Comments:

Anonymous ck said...

What is more disheartening is the fact that the TC is willing to pander to such whims. And what next, if someone complains to the TC that they don't like the color of the next block are the TC going to repaint it?

18/1/07 9:39 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Ha - I'd like to see that happening!

18/1/07 9:45 AM  
Blogger auntie p said...

This is so illogical and crazy, and wasting residents' money paid to the TCs.

18/1/07 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home