Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Giving talks

Someone wrote to me a few weeks ago and asked if I could give a talk on a certain date. She said she would contact me about the time of the talk. Since then I had not heard from her and assumed it was probably not happening or she would have contacted me to let me know what was happening.

She wrote today to remind me she said and she gave me the time - however I checked through my emails and as I thought, no time had been given in any of the previous emails as she mentioned she would be writing to let me know once it was confirmed. I have another appointment at almost the same time to meet a group of students, which is going to make it difficult to make both appointments.

2 Comments:

Blogger iWooiBlog said...

Maybe she is just one of those who is a bit "messy and disorganise", and thought she has nailed down a date with you (Dawn)

We've seen many of these, even our very own, in the "corporate world".

One lesson learn is that keep and archieve your email with her, and then just forward all the email to her, should that situation is needed, to let her know and show her that she didn't make a fix appointment with you afterall, then she will have nothing to say.

Hard facts are much better than just "pure arguement" between the two.

Cheers

30/1/07 11:28 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I think she is though she means well. It just isn't very fair to the other students I'm supposed to meet if they can't make it and I have to cancel their appointment.

She realises it was her mistake - but yes I do keep all my emails.

30/1/07 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home