Friday, January 19, 2007

No-kill programmes supported by cities in the US

I was doing a Net search for other cities that support no-kill programmes, more TNR and more adoptions.

There was of course the Mayor's Alliance for New York City Animals but I was surprised to see also the Alliance for Philadelphia Animals.

The San Francisco SPCA works with the city as well.

What's interesting is that most cities shelters, even if they did loan out traps, did seem to have public adoption programmes from within their animal control facility and/or to support TNRM. I'm trying to find information from other countries besides the US.

Perhaps the mayors of our CDCs could similarly spearhead programmes like these?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

trapping itself is not necessairly a bad thg. it is how u carry it out and what u do with the trapped stray that is the real issue

19/1/07 4:51 PM  
Blogger calsifer said...

I do think that whether or not our mayors spearhead such efforts depend on public demand. I guess it's not so strongly in the public awareness that the politicians will take conscious note and react as hoped.

19/1/07 4:55 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous - sorry I wasn't clear. I meant loaning traps out for people to put the cats down. The traps I am sure can also be used for sterilisation, but I think the main purpose was for nuisance complaints.

Calsifer - a very good point. If the community wants it, then i am sure notice will be taken. As you said, right now, it's probably not even brought to the attention of the Mayors here.

19/1/07 5:42 PM  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

27/9/15 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home