Friday, February 09, 2007

Are you married?

Remember this woman? She just called again to wish me a Happy Chinese New Year (which was very nice of her). She then enquired as to my marital status, and said she would have liked to introduce me to her son especially as I had a nice voice. This is the first time I've received an introduction via proxy and I must say it left me rather tickled. She then proceeded to tell me what a good catch her son was and that he was a very filial son. So if anyone would like to meet a nice 31 year old who works I believe in the IT line, and supports his mother, let me know :)

She also told me about her children, where they were living and what they were doing. She sounded very proud of them which is sweet. I wasn't sure if she called to chat but it turned out eventually that she had actually called for a reason, that she wanted to let me know she was taking over the feeding route of the feeder who moved out and wanted me to let the TC officer know so he would not take away the other feeders' cats. That was truly wonderful news.

Before hanging up, she wished me a good holiday again and urged me to remember to buy a lottery ticket ;)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

HAHAHA! Dawn that is so cute!! You're so cute too! :D Happy Chinese New Year! -elaine

9/2/07 3:13 PM  
Blogger eslina said...

Dawn, don't be surprised if more proposals come your way. You do have a very nice voice. So did you buy the lottery ticket ;)

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year to you and all CWS volunteers & members!

9/2/07 4:33 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Very funny you two :) Nope no lottery ticket yet.

9/2/07 5:38 PM  
Blogger vegancat said...

Reading this posting makes my evening. I think this is a great tribute to Dawn to whom the cats and us caregivers owe so much. Selfishly perhaps I wish Dawn will remain married to the cats! :)

9/2/07 8:33 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Haha Vegancat - glad it made you laugh. It certainly made me laugh.

9/2/07 9:06 PM  
Blogger Profpig ^@^ said...

Wonderful Dawn, you are attracting mother-in-law wanna bes. Convert these people to cat lovers!

I've never seen you nor heard your voice but your character is already worth mothers proposing on behalf of their sons ;) Happy CNY

9/2/07 9:19 PM  
Anonymous ej said...

Essential note: All of Dawn's potential suitors must love cats.
Wonderful news about the cats feeding arrangement.Good to know that she is happy about her children especially his filial son.
Dawn, at least go for the annual Hong Bao's lotto.
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

9/2/07 11:05 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yes Happy CNY everyone :)

10/2/07 2:14 AM  
Anonymous ej said...

And Happy Valentine too!

10/2/07 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home