Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Kitten on box


Kitten on box
Originally uploaded by dawnkua.

I spoke with the man today when I dropped by and he mentioned that he saw a number of abused cats in his travels around Singapore. I asked if he needed any help with vet fees but he said it was fine - that the cats were already all better. I asked if he had any suspects and he told me that if he had, he would have beaten them up already.

He told me he's not scared of anyone when I advised him to be careful - he said he had been in court before. He told me that when he first met me, he had been very fierce but now that he saw we weren't hurting his cat he wasn't anymore.

He also told me about a mother cat that had given birth to its fifth litter. I told him that she really should be sterilised but he told me that he's worried the cat population would die out. I pointed out that the kittens being born were being abused as he said. I asked him to please consider sterilising her. He said that the kittens were still nursing right now but he would think about it.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This little fellow is soooo cute. He would make a good poster cat. I hope he's coping well with the harness.

27/3/07 3:35 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous he seems to be doing okay and is as active as ever.

27/3/07 5:46 PM  
Anonymous sandy said...

erm, just been a few days & the harness looks kinda dirty already. haha.

28/3/07 2:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yeah I thought so too :)

28/3/07 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remembered you said the harness and the collar were not from society funds.
Do you mean to say can't use CWS funds for such cases, or that you rather not to..
Sorry, i am just bit confused.. and curious (like cat) as to who bequeathed the kitty with the nice gift..

28/3/07 12:47 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Well I'd rather not. I paid for the collar and the adoption volunteer paid for the harness.

28/3/07 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home