Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Let's see who I can dump these cats on

I just spoke with a woman who told me that a cat that she was feeding gave birth two months ago and had two kittens. She wanted the kittens taken away because she says they are running into the office premises and are defecating there. She said that if they could be trained she would let them stay.

She of course wanted us to take the cats in. She kept asking why we could not. I in turn kept repeating that we are not a shelter. She asked if I wanted to let the cats die? I asked her if she would consider sterilising the mother cat. She said it was very difficult. I told her we could loan her a cat trap but she didn't sound very convinced. I told her our work was mainly to prevent cats from being born so that this sort of thing didn't happen in the first place.

She then said she had a problem and what could she do. I suggested setting up a cat litter tray outside and making sure the cats don't go in. I suggested perhaps putting up the Scarecrow or the Cat Stop to keep them out. I suggested also fostering them till they get adopted. All of them were rejected.

She then asked if I could bring the cats to XXXX Road. I asked what was there. She said she knew someone there had a lot of cats and loved cats so she wanted me to help her bring the kittens there and dump them. After all, she reasoned, they love cats - they must want some more! I explained that this would cause problems with the neighbours.

She then decided to ask me a few more times if I could take in the cats. Of course she said she could not herself. She then hit on the bright idea that she should dump it outside one of the vets.

In the end, she decided she might try boarding.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous veganmeow said...

...and then she will probably just dump them anyway - sigh!

14/3/07 8:36 PM  
Blogger VeganCatsg said...

Hope she will try and get the mother cat sterilised or she will have to deal with more kittens! Just get one of the Pet Transport guy to trap for her if she won't do it.

14/3/07 9:07 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Was trying to suggest that too - but she was rather fixated on THESE two kittens. I told her that if the mother breeds, there will be MORE kittens to worry about but I got the feeling I wasn't getting through.

14/3/07 9:10 PM  
Blogger Hai~Ren said...

*facepalms*

15/3/07 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home