Thursday, April 26, 2007

Anonymous blog comments

I've had feedback from several people in the past about not allowing Anonymous postings in the comment section. I've hesitated in the past as I want to make it easy for people to post if they so wish without having to register. However, I do feel it is getting a little confusing as has been seen in some recent posts when there are several Anonymous people all posting at the same time. It's hard to tell one person apart from another.

As a result, I'm going to ask that if you post a comment that you please add your name or nickname to it - you can do so by clicking the "Other" button. You do not need to register. This will make it easier to tell different people apart. You can also choose to sign your name off even if you post as Anonymous. We'll see how this goes and if it works better!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger iwooiblog said...

I think maybe there are still many posters out there who prefer to stay anonymous... For me I don't see the problem of identifying oneself, or myself using a nickname or real name... because most of the comment (I) posted here is cat-related...

Anyway, the only disadvantage of staying anonymous is that you can't really keep track of, if it is the same person who posted another comment, following up his or her earlier post... you might think it's another person who has posted...

Oh by the way, from some of the previous comment, 'Hai Woo' is me, I think Blogger has revamped itself that when I log in using my Blogger's nick it displays my name, and my cat photo's gone too. Think I have rectify the problem now... should be able to see Teh Cee my cat's thumbnail pic, and yes, iwooiblog is me, too.

Cheers :-)

26/4/07 2:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks iwooiblog - yes that is the problem. In more than one post, I have seen people querying whether the other person who posted is the same 'Anonymous' as someone who posted earlier. It makes it rather confusing and some people have gotten rather cross with someone called 'Anonymous' who turns out to be a different person altogether.

26/4/07 4:20 PM  
Anonymous zj said...

just sharing a cute cat site, a must-see! to chill after a stress-filled day. :)http://www.dropline.net/cats/

26/4/07 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

There will be less confusing.

27/4/07 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home