Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Difficult parties

I just emailed this TC officer again. I had been asking him if he could speak with the feeder as the feeder was rather difficult. I had emailed on Friday to ask if the officer would speak with him and had reminded him yesterday and said that I would get his number if he was willing to do so.

The officer wrote again today to say that they wanted the cats removed by this week or they will move in and 'curl' the cat. Now we have an understanding with this TC that they will help out if there are difficult residents who will not speak with or listen to the caregiver (and most officers are fhelpful about this). I asked if the officer was willing to help. He said if I got a number that he can call during office hours he would do so. I have since passed him the number.

I also got hold of the alleged feeder. Rebecca and I had both been trying. First I was passed to his father who kept saying he didn't feed, then it turned out whomever answered had passed me to the wrong person. When I got hold of the middle aged feeder, he started to tell me he was having problems. They were getting evicted from their flat. His father was scolding him (I could hear the father in the background) and he felt unwelcome in his own home. He started asking me if we can just deal with it as he is having enough problems. I asked if he was feeding the cats upstairs. He denied it, but I told him some other residents had pointed him out. He then told me again he's facing a lot of issues. I said I was calling to ask if he might want to remove the cats (one of the caregivers had heard him say so). I said the TC was threatening to otherwise. He then asked us to take care of the cats. He said he has enough issues on his own. Then he hung up on me.

So far the funny thing is that despite what the TC officer has said, the complainant seems to be the most reasonable person of the three. I spoke with him just now, explained the holdup and said we would keep him updated once we heard from the TC. He seemed agreeable.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous ej said...

huh, 'curl' the cats?

3/4/07 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope that in the meantime, the cat won't be "curled".

3/4/07 2:18 PM  
Blogger VeganCatsg said...

Poor Dawn. Still working while on holiday but much much appreciated.

3/4/07 5:36 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Some other caregivers have said they will remove the cats.

3/4/07 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home