Monday, May 14, 2007

Clarifying

The feeder texted me back to say okay when I told her that if the group was unhappy we'd step out of the situation. Since then I had two nice people from the group email me to say that they were grateful to CWS for our help. I am glad to hear that.

When I texted the feeder this morning to clarify, she wanted me to explain why the witness didn't make a report after talking to me last night. Now I didn't talk to the witness last night - I rarely talk to caregivers after working hours unless it's an emergency, because I do need a break once in a while. I pointed this out to her and she changed her questions.

At the end of the day, the witness has to decide for herself if she wants to make the report. Now everyone can have their opinion of what should or should not be done, but it's up to the witness. So the people who are insisting a report be filed have to remember that only the witness can do it. The people against it also have to remember that.

What I hope is that the group can work together as a group. Of course everyone is upset - something terrible did happen. However the group should pull together at a time like this and work together and come to a decision as a group. If everyone decides that they want to do their own thing, then maybe it's time to decide if there is a place for the group in the estate - and if there isn't, I personally do think that's a sad thing for the cats.

I also think it's a shame that when there is a miscommunication, people don't come to the source. There are so many SMSes going around with half-truths or misleading information. It's a good idea to always verify the information first.

I wrote to the group (for those on email) and said that CWS' role has always been to faciliate - not to tell residents what to do. We made it clear to those who came for the TNRM workshop. It's their estate, and their cats and we always think it's best that they work directly with the TC.

Rebecca is also getting bombarded by SMSes and emails - and the poor girl who is on no-pay (of her miniscule part time pay) leave for her exams - is having a hard time studying (and sleeping) at night.

Just as I type this, another caregiver called up to say there was a rumour that there would be trapping in her area and that someone from CWS was the one who had spread the news. Fortunately she called me up. I told her that as far as I knew there wasn't and she said she'd get more details. I appreciate that.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger EJ. said...

Unity is strength, so staying and working together is important.
Tell Rebecca not to worry, just concentrate on her studies. She is of great help so far.

14/5/07 3:59 PM  
Blogger lingcat said...

Hey Dawn,

Thanks for putting so much efforts to help the group pull together.

To be able to mediate between two 'sworn enemies' is definitely a tough job.

Our TC owe you a big one! I hope they are grateful.

Especially that 1 guy in the TC.

14/5/07 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home