Thursday, May 17, 2007

I want compensation for the cats killed

Some of you may remember this case. I wrote to the resident subsequently. Since then I've had strange emails from the resident in this flat, purporting to be from some 'department'.

I wrote back to say that we just didn't want the cats to be killed and could they please stop feeding upstairs. More strange emails followed, including a statement from the person (or people) on releasing cats in the corridor.

Now it seems the cats were caught. An angry email came asking whom had been catching the cats (though I had told him repeatedly what would happen if the complaints did not stop). The person is now writing to demand compensation from the town council. He is asking that they be paid $8000 for each kitten and $100000 for each cat killed. I suggested they go and speak with the town council themselves.

He knew the neighbours were unhappy. We had gone down twice. So it's not as if he didn't know what would happen to the cats. It's a bit late to be upset now.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger VeganCatsg said...

The emailer directed their anger at the wrong party. If they can extract such compensation from the TC, it will really stop all "culling".

17/5/07 10:58 AM  
Blogger EJ. said...

It is alway the cats who have to pay the price. sigh.

17/5/07 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder the majority of the ignorant call cat lovers crazy people who should be in the mental hosp. We are here working hard to improve the image of cats from

1) Ugly disease spreading pests
2) Demons in diguse
3) Evil creatures
4) Dirty
5) Consorts of witches
and the list goes on. I even heard someone tell me "Cats are evil! The good dogs try to prevent them from taking over the world" I flipped when I heard that and guess what was the reply when I asked "where on earth did u hear that from?" Reply was "it is on TV! The movie Cats and Dogs..." Shows how igorant people can be.

Now we have one ass who wouldnt keep his cats in and now ask for ridiculous demands.... only sinks the efforts we make to clear our image as mad crazy cat lovers.

CO

17/5/07 1:55 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

CO - I'm hoping the person was either a child or joking!

And yes it's always the cats who pay the price.

17/5/07 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume its too late to get the cats from AVA..?

17/5/07 3:55 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous I have no idea when they were caught - he mentioned 'mother cats' so I think it may also have been a while ago and NONE of them were sterilised.

17/5/07 4:12 PM  
Blogger Hai~Ren said...

:(

*facepalms*

I would have said "I told you so", but it brings me no joy, knowing that innocent cats have been lost. Let's just hope the person has learnt a valuable lesson in responsibility.

18/5/07 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home