Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Help from IMH?

I called up and spoke with some people from the Institute of Mental Health today to ask if they could provide any assistance to us on the whole Hoarding issue. The psychologist I spoke to suggested it might be useful to train people who go in and deal with hoarding issues (which would be I supposed mainly Rebecca and I and whomever else might want to go). She agreed it would be difficult to bring the hoarders in themselves, so this is the next best thing.

She will get her colleagues to call us back and let us know about what can be arranged. I hope it won't cost too much.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous belle said...

the hoarders want to protect the cats from demons like the RC man mentioned in your previous post ... but don't have the means to do so ... unless they live on a big piece of land, they will have to squeeze all their 'rescued cats' into a small flat ...

27/6/07 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i am a cat, i do not want to be "rescued" and be squeezed into cages in bathrooms of small flats with other cats and standing in filth and dirt.
"Rescued" me only if you have facilities to keep me in comfort; otherwise take your hands off me.
RC man and hoarder, who is the difference?

27/6/07 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read previous post, apology to RC man, he is better.

27/6/07 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home