Friday, July 13, 2007

Residents' Committees

I've been trying to get hold of the Peoples' Association (PA) to check about Residents' Committees (RC) and whether people in RCs need to get season parking labels in order to park in season parking lots.

I did find a long list of rules and regulations governing RCs on the PA website. However when I called the hotline, the phone went dead twice, put me back to the operator the third time (which just rang the same number again). On my fourth try, I got a voice mail box so I left a message. For some reason I can't seem to find email addresses on the website.

I decided to call a caregiver who is a long-time RC member. She said that every RC member has to pay for season parking labels and discs. She said that they have to pay the full amount like everyone else. I asked if people were able to get the discs immediately or if there was some leeway if you had a new car. She said that there is a waiting period, but that during this time, you are supposed to park in the coupon parking lots.

She also said this is conduct unbecoming of an RC member. She said that RC members are supposed to serve the community and not expect to be served.

I'll continue trying to get the PA to get the official position on this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home