Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Meeting students

I do understand students work on tight deadlines and sometimes have to do their work by a certain date - I do wish however that they would try and contact you earlier if they are doing project work and need your help in order to produce something. The idea of course is that the work is meant to be for the organisation, but honestly most of the time, we can't use it because it's not suitable in some way or other.

Contacting an organisation and asking to meet and telling them that you need to do it before your deadline which is a few days away and then adding that you're busy except for one particular day, is usually not the best way to do it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sivasothi said...

I hate it when they say "asap" too. I ask that they do background reading first. If they don't, no meeting.

There are those who read and then write in politely and considerately. These I give my full attention to.

29/8/07 11:46 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

:)

30/8/07 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home