Friday, August 17, 2007

Monologue

I just tried to speak to someone whose name kept cropping up in conjunction with the cats missing in Jurong. Unfortunately when I spoke with her, it became a monologue on her part and I was not able to speak with her. She insisted that she had been maligned and that she was trying to sue someone for something (she didn't say what). I tried to explain that I was just calling to speak with her directly to find out what she knew as I had just gotten hold of her number. She insisted that she had been helping "Cat Welfare Society" people rescue cats and I explained that I was the only CWS person she had spoken to as I had just gotten her number last night. I did not think she had helped CWS at all in the past as I had never spoken with her.

She kept insisting I should call someone else, whom I assumed was her lawyer, so I asked for her lawyer's number so I could speak with him or her directly. It turned out however that the number was someone from a vet clinic.

I just spoke with someone from the vet clinic who rang me back and said that the woman was a client and upset that people were posting what she felt were defamatory remarks. I told the person from the clinic that this was exactly why I wanted to speak directly with the woman so I could get to the bottom of this. She said she understood and would try and mediate as she said her client was very upset.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous huh said...

Finding homes for adult moggies are very difficult but if this mysterious ' catnapper ' is truly kind and able to provide a nice, loving home/shelter for the cats, why not?

But why take all, surely some could be left behind and better still, seek permission from caregivers prior to ' adoption '.

All parties involved love cats and this state of anger and depression can be easily forgiven and friendships forged if every one involved share their spirited animal welfare efforts.

17/8/07 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ealier, when the lady questioned if CWS or caregivers can guarantee the safety of community cats on the streets from elements, complaints, accidents, abuse etc.

I would ask her does it mean it is acceptable to her for the cats she confined in shelter to die in there due to the many negative elements which are intentionally created by her?

17/8/07 1:55 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

huh - I agree. No one here wants to blame or get anyone else into trouble. The main thing is that the cats are returned to their caregivers. I also think it's important that permission be asked. The shelter/home may be loving and nice but I am sure the caregivers would like to make the decision for themselves. They might well decide to leave the cats in there - but they should be consulted.

Anonymous I have to clarify that was a different woman. That was the woman who ran the shelter. The woman I spoke with today, I only spoke with for the first time.

17/8/07 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home