Monday, August 13, 2007

More clues

I've been on the phone for the last few hours with various people who have been very helpful with information about this case. Obviously some of these claims are difficult to verify but some very interesting clues have popped up. I also spoke to one of the woman I saw at the shelter because someone else had read my blog and emailed me to ask if it was the same woman he knew. It was.

The person who wrote to me said that a feeder in his area had handed some cats over for sterilisation, but they weren't returned. Subsequently some of his sterilised cats went missing. The feeder was asked to go down and identify the cats but she hadn't done so (the person who wrote was also quite puzzled why).

I spoke with one of the women I met at the shelter (whom I have known for years as she has cats in her area) and asked her whether they had taken any sterilised cats from this area. She denied it but said she had taken some unsterilised cats from this feeder whom she said was not a good feeder. She denied taking the cats the person who wrote in had lost. She told me subsequently two of the cats taken had died in the shelter.

This woman whom I saw at the shelter also claimed that there are different groups of people hired to go out and trap. She repeated again that we were not to visit because it was a private area and that we cannot go in and they can have us thrown out.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger auntie p said...

Hi Dawn, I went to see the kitten leashed on a chain last night, and had a chat with the old man. In reply to my comment that the kitten (about 7-8 mths) is due for sterilisation, he first said he will do it in 2 mths' time.

As the chat progressed, he mentioned the kitten had diarrhea a couple of days' ago, but is now better. He also said kitten is noisy and to resolve this, he is thinking of getting a female cat to mate with kitten! @_@
He also mentioned about going away, and when that happens, he seems to be thinking of letting kitty live outside to be cared for by other cat feeders.

I tried to dissuade him, but I'm sure you know how he has his way of reasoning with his own brand of logic about how a cat should be cared for, how he shows concern for his cat, etc. There was no way I could overtalk him, so my parting words to him was that I hope he will be open to others' suggestions, for the sake of the kitten.

13/8/07 2:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yes as you said, he has his own logic. I'll probably visit sometime this week and check in on the cat again - once we can get more information on the catnapped cats.

He has been speaking of going away for months and said he'd give me the cat then. I'm actually not sure he'll actually go - from listening to him, the scheme isn't very practical.

13/8/07 3:10 PM  
Blogger Surferket said...

The case of missing cats sounds like there is a PETA branch in SG.

13/8/07 5:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Why PETA surferket?

13/8/07 5:42 PM  
Anonymous huh said...

PETA not interested in cat napping for sterilisation and shelter homes, they focus on fur trade, whale hunting, cruelty to farm animals and other dramatic protests and rescues.

If cats been trapped for sterilisation during that period, surely vet clinics will have names of people sending them in.

13/8/07 8:07 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

huh - yes PETA doesn't really believe in sterilisation.

I don't understand - what do you mean by cats trapped for sterilisation during this period? These cats were all already sterilised.

13/8/07 11:11 PM  
Anonymous huh said...

Have you tried the regular pet transport guys if they been hired on those days?

Did they remove ALL or some?

14/8/07 1:41 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

All the sterilised cats. huh - I think you're assuming they used pet transport. I believe they have their own transport.

14/8/07 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home