Thursday, September 06, 2007

Update on the complaint made about CWS and myself

One of the people who wrote into the Charities Unit forwarded me the reply that he received from them about this matter. He was thanked for his comments, and was asked how he knew about the letter and in what capacity he was writing in.

He replied that he had read about it on this blog and that he wasn't sure what they meant by what capacity he was writing in as. I also wonder if the complainant was asked the same question when he or she wrote in.

As Michelle had not had a reply from them about the letter they sent, I called to speak with the manager and asked about the matter. The manager assured us that they were not taking sides on this. I told her that I am aware that they have a job to do, and that they need to look into it, but what protects the charities if people send in baseless and defamatory claims? I was told that our protection is to reply to the allegations. She said that we can go through the allegations again, and reply if we want to. I told her that categorically they are baseless and false allegations - but without any details we cannot refute them specifically. She said that they are cleaning up the complaint and will send the details to us. If they are satisfied with our reply then they will close the case.

I also asked for the letter in my personal capacity as I am looking into my legal options on this matter. I was told I may write in formally to request this.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger calsifer said...

This is almost as opaque as TC's handling of complaints.

Am just glad it's probably not our mutual acquaintance.

6/9/07 12:49 PM  
Anonymous starsky said...

Dawn... just had time to see the updated blog today and saw this article abt the complaint. I believe all cat lovers will support you :) Everyone has eyes to see your goodwill and hardwork. For those who make your complaint without real facts and evidences, I think you are letting everyone in this world see you as "xiao ren".

6/9/07 4:52 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks guys :)

6/9/07 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home