Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Updates

Some of you may remember this complainant. I spoke with the family whom he complained about, but they in turn said that the cat was not theirs and that they were caregivers in the estate. Their cat was always kept indoors - however a neighbour on a higher floor was according to them, the culprit. They said at the time they would take some photos of the cat in question.

I called them again today and they said that they had sent the photo to the town council. Apparently, they had spoken with the neighbour who lets their cats out but the person refuses to keep the cat in.

I called the complainant again and he said he would try and take photos too if he saw the cat.

As for the case of the cat abuse that was witnessed, I spoke with the witness yesterday and she is waiting for the police to ask her to go down and identify the suspects from some photos. However her son is rather ill at the moment. The caregiver who brought the case to my attention asked if I would accompany the witness to the police station. I said I'd be happy to if she needs me to do it.

As for the case of the cat in the school, the woman who contacted me said that the cat was removed without her knowledge. I asked if I might speak with her manager but she said there was no point as the cat is gone. From her emails, it also seems that he is rather displeased with her. Poor cat and poor lady.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger EJ. said...

About the last case,Dawn, the cat has been removed to where? sad that a cat cannot be left alone where it is.

5/9/07 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The school has to response, regardless of whether the manager is happyt or not. Could the cat be killed by now and who removed the cat?

The manager will devote his/her entire life to cats removal and depriving children the benefits of animals as part of learning and healing.

5/9/07 1:13 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I believe it was sent to SPCA - I've written to the person again to ask if she might reconsider letting me speak with her manager. She seemed a bit worried that she would get into more trouble and I certainly wouldn't want to get her into a difficult situation.

5/9/07 3:39 PM  
Anonymous yskat said...

Now that the cat has disappeared and is no longer "at risk" of being taken away, could we write to the principal to ask him/her to look into the manager's behaviour?

5/9/07 3:42 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I have asked and am awaiting her reply. She seemed very concerned that the manager was upset with her - and I'm assuming she's worried about her job/position in the school.

5/9/07 3:48 PM  
Blogger EJ. said...

Hope the cat will be given a chance to be a candidate for adoption at SPCA.

5/9/07 3:51 PM  
Blogger EJ. said...

Understand her concern for her job.

It is just that the Manager's action is questionable.
Removing the cat to SPCA could also mean death sentence for poor cat. He could discuss option for a better solution, like boarding the cat to a cattery and await adoption.

5/9/07 4:02 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I agree - I hope she will too and contact me.

5/9/07 5:04 PM  
Anonymous belle said...

the cat needs a new home ...

the oppressed lady needs a new job ...

6/9/07 11:07 AM  
Anonymous belle said...

the lady shd quickly go down to SPCA and adopt this cat ...

6/9/07 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write to highest authority of the school and let them know manager has caused the death of an innocent cat.

She knows nothing about compassion so why be entrusted to look after the disabled kids?

6/9/07 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home