Monday, October 15, 2007

Conference Folder


Conference Folder
Originally uploaded by dawnkua.

I spoke on Mediation and working with your neighbours, officials (TCs and the like) and how important it is to remember the Management part of doing TNR.

What was really interesting was that a young lady from Washington DC approached me during the break and said how impressed she was by how many caregivers blog! She said she was doing some research on starting a blog for her organisation and she was surprised how many Singaporean caregivers and people concerned about cats blogged.

I told her I remembered when I first started this blog I was able to read quite regularly the people blogging about cats in Singapore - and now I am finding it very hard to do so because there are so many blogs. So bloggers - you guys have been noticed internationally!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger calsifer said...

By any chance, is this her org's blog? http://washhumane.typepad.com/blog/

I found this one through our technorati page - amazed to find they've got us on their blogroll!

15/10/07 2:40 PM  
Blogger EJ. said...

Kudos to our fellow Singaporean's caregivers and bloggers for their hard work and dedications to community cats!
She is from Washington DC, eh?
Home of the National Zoo's pandas Mei Xiang,Tian Tian and Cub Tai Shan.

15/10/07 2:55 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yes calsifer - good catch and I just went to it too :)

16/10/07 12:05 AM  
Blogger calsifer said...

:)

I don't know about other cat bloggers, but my main source of motivation that it makes sense to blog came from reading yours voraciously ... needed a soapbox to vent, otherwise would have exploded long ago :P

16/10/07 5:48 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Glad you didn't explode Calsifter - the cats need you!

It's amazing how quickly it caught on too! The lady I met was also impressed by how quickly people often posted.

16/10/07 10:09 PM  
Blogger calsifer said...

All thanks to you and your blog that I'm able ot continue serving the ingrates. :P

17/10/07 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home