Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Abuse and evidence

I spoke to the second feeder again. Apparently he says he wants the cats back - I told him he needs to speak with the first feeder. He said that they're both busy and don't often see each other - I told him that I barely see him too, but that he could speak with her over the phone, just as he speaks with me. I told him to please try and work with her as it was important to do so.

He also said that he had evidence of the complainant hitting the cat and he is quite sure that a closed circuit television mounted there would have it recorded. However he could not remember the date. He was hoping the AVA would come down and go through what he thinks are months of recordings. I told him it was imperative for him to know when the incidents happened, as he witnessed them. If not, it would be difficult to even file a report. Certainly if the matter ever came to trial, it would be queried if a witness was reliable if he or she cannot remember the date the alleged abuse occurred.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know some people are against hitting their cats. But i do hit my cats on their butt if they start to fight with each other. I do that sometimes too when they get overexcited and try to use my leg as "scratchpost". I see no harm actually but of course no abusive hard punching, just a big slap on the butt.

15/11/07 8:21 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Anonymous, I don't believe this was a hit on a butt, I think this was with a stick.

15/11/07 9:21 AM  
Anonymous belle said...

anonymous - discipline & abuse are 2 different things ...

15/11/07 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home