Thursday, November 15, 2007

'Co-fostering' a cat

I got an email from someone who said that she lost her cat. When I checked the block number, I realised it was a block that both Rebecca and I had gone down to on separate occasions - a block with a sand tray in the corridor. There have been several complaints about this block and we know several people feed upstairs or let their cats wander. We had spoken with several of the residents, and left flyers under the doors of those who were not at home but who seemed to be looking after the cat.

The person who wrote in said she was, in her words, 'co-fostering' the cat with another family. This other family lives two floors below the person who wrote in. She said that she was worried that might have been a round up and that the cat cannot be kept in.

I wrote back and told her to check with the town council but again I told her that of course the cat can be kept in. She mentioned the cat scratched to be let out. A toddler may cry to be let out too - but we don't open the door and give a baby free rein. So why is it different with a cat?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can try telling her this and this is from someone whose cat cries every night to be let out(That would be me)and I just refuse to open up the door.

"Your cat won't die if you don't let it out, however it might die from a car accident, a dog bite, FIV, injuries from cat fights, killed by an abuser and finally put to sleep as a pest by AVA"

15/11/07 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry forgot to finish the sentence with "if you let it out"

15/11/07 12:47 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Well I hope she will get it after this scare. If this doesn't work, nothing will.

15/11/07 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home