Wednesday, November 07, 2007

SMS about trapping in Ang Mo Kio

There is an SMS going around about trapping that allegedly happened in Ang Mo Kio yesterday. This was actually the case I mentioned yesterday. The caregiver who contacted me has confirmed that she has already called the town council and that the town council has denied sending in pest control. I can say that the town council in the area has worked quite closely with the caregivers there in the past.

The problem now is that no one can contact the feeders who allegedly first sent out this message. The caregiver has been trying and she doesn't know whom they are either. Neither do I. The few people who have forwarded the SMS don't know them either.

In the meantime, please do NOT call the town council, as the SMS urges, until we can find out exactly what has happened. If anyone knows these feeders who actually saw the trapping, please let me know so I can contact them and find out what is happening.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Can they not trace through the mobile number?

7/11/07 4:49 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

No one knows where the original SMS came from or even if there WAS an original SMS. Someone SMSed me earlier to say a friend's friend knows the feeders and will ask the to call me. We'll see if they do.

7/11/07 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost one community cat at AMK St 61 (near community club) about one month ago. No trace of her. She's sterilised and abt 2 - 3 years old. Lost another one (2 blks away) also about one month ago. This female cat is also sterilised and abt 3 - 5 years old. Not sure whether they have been rounded up by TC or something else could have happened to them. But nobody tells me about trapping.

So far, I didn't receive any sms message or feedback from fellow caregivers and feeders.

Irin Tang

10/11/07 1:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Irin, I believe you are under a different part of the TC. There have been complaints in the area but hardly any caregivers. Would you like to email me so I can get you in touch with other caregivers in the area?

In addition, if the cat is lost please call your TC and the AVA immediately.

10/11/07 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did called the TC and AVA and they said my 2 cats are not trapped. Either they hv met with an accident or someone could have taken them home. One of them is very very pretty.

I don't have pictures of these 2 cats, so I can't email to SPCA, AVA or the TC. I have taken pictures of all my other community cats (abt 30 of them)

Irin

12/11/07 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn

Can you tell me which part of Ang Mo Kio, maybe I know the people there.

Irin

12/11/07 12:18 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Irin could you please email me instead? I don't think the caregivers might like to have their block numbers on a public blog.

12/11/07 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home