Monday, November 19, 2007

Trapping cats as revenge?

I'm working on the text for a brochure that we spoke with the AVA about. We're hoping that they might give the brochure out to anyone who comes in to borrow or requests for a cat trap to be sent to their house.

As I was writing this, I got an email from someone in a private estate who said that she has pet cats that she lets out at certain times. Another neighbour apparently has dogs and one of them keeps running out of his gate. The woman said that the dog has chased her cats on several occasions. The woman who wrote said she spoke with him and asked that he please keep the dog in, but he told her to complain if she wasn't happy.

On one occasion according to the woman who wrote in the dog chased the cat up a tree and the woman called the police. The police did not take action according to the woman, and the man claimed that the dog would not have run in except that the cat was teasing his dog.

She said two days later, he had a cat trap in his yard and a cat was trapped this morning. She said that she is sure he is doing this to taunt her.

I offered to help mediate but obviously this can only work if the man seriously has an issue with the cats and isn't doing this to get back at his neighbour. Obviously as well, he cannot let his dogs run off a leash in the neighbourhood as well.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dawn, since you mentioned email. Could I check if you recieved my email regarding sterlization of a cat colony I found? Have send you the mail twice and waiting for an answer from you since Saturday.

Cheers
Adriane

19/11/07 5:54 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Adriane - I've responded twice to your emails :) You might want to check your SPAM folder to see if my mails have been channelled there.

19/11/07 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alrite. Sorry about that, let me check.

19/11/07 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just checked, did not get any of your replies. Could I trouble you to send it again? Sorry and thanks

Adriane

19/11/07 6:06 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Sent again :)

19/11/07 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Dawn but did you get my mail from my yahoo account and if you did and replied to it, maybe you might like to check your email account. I am not recieving your mails on all my accounts and I have tested my accounts by asking colleagues to send mail to them and they work. There could be something wrong with your email. Sorry for the trouble.

Adriane

19/11/07 6:42 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hi Adriane, could your SPAM filter be set at a high level? I have emailed you again. I haven't been having problems with other people receiving email.

19/11/07 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Aminah Bee said...

Dawn, methinks something wrong with your email system, as this happen to my email too. It seems last week on the 14th of November, you send me and "Dane" emails, which I never received. I only received the resend email today. Perhaps this explained why "Dane" had not reply to your email. Maybe she never received your email too.

20/11/07 8:23 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Possibly but other emails have been answered to. Adriane did also get the email, as did you I believe today. Unfortunately we don't really have anyone manning the emails in terms of the server so it's quite difficult to check if anything is wrong.

20/11/07 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home