Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Working together

I just had a feeder call about some cats that were trapped. This is within a private building complex. The last I heard about it, another feeder in the area called last week to say that the complainant in the building had assaulted him, and he was going to press charges. Now it appears the same complainant asked for someone to trap the cats (from what I can tell).

I asked the first feeder if she had spoken with the other feeder, and she claims that he is very arrogant and looks down on them and hence they don't talk. In the meantime, she wanted me to call AVA to claim the cats for her. I told her that I didn't have any of the details and had no idea how many cats were there, what they looked like, etc. She didn't either as she doesn't care for them and is trying to get hold of the second feeder and his mother, who also feeds.

She started complaining that I had told her in the past it was not a good idea to relocate the cats - and that was because the second feeder said that he was in the area and was going to care for the cats. I had explained to the first feeder that since the second feeder was there and he had contacted the management, it was a better idea than to relocate the cats to her area, which isn't very well managed either and where the cats are likely to be driven off the territory.

I called the second feeder up and told him what happened. He mentioned he was asleep and would call me later. The first feeder however is adamant that she wants the cats out and she is taking them back. I asked her to please put aside her squabble with the other feeder and try to work together.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, were you clear that you called regarding the trapped cats? I don't understand how he can go back to sleep?? Some so-called cat lovers are worse than cat-haters who at least were so upfront about it. The cats have only the caregivers, they put their trust in us but when things happened, the humans are so busy finger pointing and yes sleeping!

13/11/07 12:37 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hi Anonymous yes I think I was clear as I could be. He was quite lucid and said he'd call me in the afternoon.

13/11/07 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home