Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The luxury of time

I spoke to the feeder who is the usual liaison in this area. Apparently, she had not left yet (though I had been told differently by the other feeders) and this morning got into an altercation with the town council officer - not I believe, the first. I do remember one of the cleaning supervisors got really angry with her as well.

At any rate, she said the officer said that feeding would not be allowed - or that if there is food around, the cleaners are supposed to pick it up and throw it away.

The feeder called me and said that she wanted help and would see the MP. I told her that when I had spoken with the other feeders in the area they had said they were going to see their MP. I asked what had happened.

One of the feeders called me back and said that when she had said she was going to see the MP, she wanted to get more prepared first, and perhaps to attend the TNRM workshop. I told her that was one way of handling the situation - but sometimes there isn't the luxury of time. If you think there may be trapping carried out, then you don't have the option of waiting - if you wait too long, the cats may be trapped.

It is of course good to be as prepared as you can be, and get all the information at your fingertips, but there are times when you just have to do something, whether you are 100% prepared or not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home